State Publications Collection Policy
Need help deciding what to submit to the State Library for inclusion in our Publications Depository Program? The State Library of Florida collects and preserves all materials:
- Required by Florida law to be distributed to the public.
- Created at the expense of or under the authority of a state:
- Official, department, board, court or agency.
- Published by Florida state colleges, universities, and community colleges and of interest to the citizens of Florida.
What do we collect from state agencies?
- Annual reports
- Research reports and studies
- Statistical compilations
- Handbooks, manuals and guides for the public
- Audio and video recordings
- CDs, DVDs and other electronic media
What do we collect from institutions of higher education?
- Descriptive course catalogs
- Student art and literary magazines
- Law reviews published with state funds
What we do NOT collect
- Forms and applications
- Fliers and announcements for specific events, such as performances and lectures
- Internal agency working procedures
- Employee newsletters
- Press releases
- Regulatory announcements and public comment notices
- Student newspapers
- Class schedules
- Sports schedules
All publications selected will appear in the State Library of Florida’s catalog.