Requirements for Participation in the CLG Program
- Maintain an active preservation board or commission that meets at least four times per year.
- Identify a local CLG contact (typically a member of city/county staff) and notify SHPO whenever contact information changes.
- Submit minutes, agendas, and records of attendance for each meeting of your Review Commission to the Certified Local Government Coordinator within thirty days.
- Review National Register Nominations for properties within your local jurisdiction. (CLGs are notified of local nominations by the Bureau of Historic Preservation.) Submit comments within 60 days.
- Maintain on ongoing system of survey.
- Notify the State Historic Preservation Officer immediately of all new historic designations or alterations to existing designations. Submit related materials to the Florida Master Site File.
- Notify the State Historic Preservation Officer of changes in your Review Commission membership within 30 days.
- Submit amendments made to your local ordinance to the State Historic Preservation Officer for review and comment at least 30 days prior to adoption.
- Submit an annual report by November 1 covering previous October 1 through September 30.
- Participate in CLG evaluation at least once every four years.
The Florida Certified Local Government Guidelines can be found here: