E-File Articles of Dissolution
Limited Liability Company
To dissolve a Florida limited liability company:
- Review the instructions for filing the Articles of Dissolution for a Florida Limited Liability Company.
- Gather all information required to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers are listed below to common questions about e-filing a dissolution of a limited liability company.
What Web Browsers are supported?
The Division of Corporations' Web Application supports later versions of the following browsers:
The above browsers cover over 96% of browser market share. Other browsers supporting HTML5 should also work fine with our web application. If you are considering choosing or adding a new browser, you can see how they compare in HTML5 feature support here.
What are Articles of Dissolution?
- Articles of Dissolution will voluntarily dissolve the Florida limited liability company.
- Once filed, the entity will no longer exist.
- The online filing form is basic and meets the minimum filing requirements pursuant to s.605.0707, F.S.
- Your document may need to include additional items that specifically apply to your situation. The Division of Corporations strongly recommends that legal counsel reviews all document prior to submission.
I don’t remember my document number. Where do I find it?
- Refer to your notice or search our records by name.
- Read our search guide if you need assistance searching our database.
What are my payment options?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
How much does it cost to file the Articles of Dissolution?
The filing fee is $25.00.
Certificate of Status
- You may request a certificate of status.
- This item is not required.
- A certificate of status certifies the limited liability company is no longer active on the Division of Corporations’ records.
- Fee: $5.00 each
- You may request a certified copy of your Articles of Dissolution.
- This item is not required.
- A certified copy will include a filed stamped copy of your Articles of Dissolution and will verify that the copy is a true and correct copy of the document in our records.
- Fee: $30.00 each
How long does it take for the Articles of Dissolution to post on Sunbiz?
Allow 2-3 business days for your dissolution to post on Sunbiz.
How do I sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I download a copy of the Articles of Dissolution from Sunbiz?
Yes. Once the Articles of Dissolution have been processed and posted, you can download an image of the dissolution from Sunbiz free of charge.
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my form and payment?
- Yes, you can print the Articles of Dissolution form (PDF) for your business entity, and mail it with a check or money order payment.
- All payments by credit card must file the dissolution online.