Florida Profit Corporation
Articles of Incorporation
Important Message Regarding Credit/Debit Card Payments for Online Filings
The Division of Corporations uses a 3rd party, NIC Services, LLC dba Tyler Payment Services, to process our credit/debit card payments for Online filings. A confirmation payment receipt will be emailed from [email protected] for successful transactions. Please keep a copy of the receipt, there is information contained in the receipt that will help us locate your filing and reconcile it.
To create a Florida profit corporation OR correct your rejected online filing:
- Review the instructions for filing the Articles of Incorporation for Florida Profit Corporations.
- Gather all information required to complete the form.
- Have a valid form of payment.
Answers to common questions about e-filing a Florida profit corporation are listed below.
Reporting of Beneficial Ownership Information
Effective January 1, 2024 there is a Federal requirement for the Reporting of Beneficial Ownership information. The Division of Corporations’ responsibility is to provide notice of the requirement. For additional information please visit the Beneficial Ownership Page "Reporting of Beneficial Ownership Information".
What Web Browsers are supported?
The Division of Corporations' Web Application supports later versions of the following browsers:
The above browsers cover over 96% of browser market share. Other browsers supporting HTML5 should also work fine with our web application. If you are considering choosing or adding a new browser, you can see how they compare in HTML5 feature support here.
What are my payment options to file the Articles of Incorporation online?
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- Debit card (Visa or MasterCard logo only).
- Prepaid Sunbiz E-File Account.
Is the corporation name already in use?
I don’t want to file online. Can I print and mail my application and payment?
- Yes, you can print the Articles of Incorporation for a Florida Profit Corporation (PDF) application and mail it with a check or money order.
- All payments by credit card must use the online application.
Will I receive a confirmation that my filing was accepted?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation letter (which will include the corporation’s name, assigned document number, filed date, and its effective date, if requested). Your Certificate of Status and/or Certified Copy will also be included if you opted to purchase those items.
- You will receive your filing confirmation by email at the address you provided.
- Your confirmation will be sent to you once the document is examined and approved by the Division of Corporations.
- You will not receive a confirmation by U.S. Mail.
Filings by Mail:
- You will receive your confirmation by U.S. Mail.
- It will be addressed to the mailing address you provided on the application.
How long does it take for my Articles of Incorporation to be processed and posted on Sunbiz?
- Filed online with a credit card: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
- If paying by check or money order: Your document will be processed in the order it was received.
How do I sign the online form?
- Typing your name in the signature block is sufficient pursuant to s.15.16, F. S.
- Electronic signatures have the same legal effect as original signatures.
- Typing someone’s name (signature) without permission constitutes forgery.
Can I get a copy of my corporation’s Articles of Incorporation?
Yes. Once your Articles of Incorporation have been processed and posted, you can download an image of the report from Sunbiz free of charge.
Why was my filing rejected?
The Division of Corporations is required to examine your document for minimum statutory filing requirements. If you received a rejection notice, then your application failed to meet one or more of those requirements.
How do I correct a rejected filing?
Enter your tracking number and PIN (supplied in the rejection email) in the Correct Articles of Incorporation form.